Saturday, August 2, 2008

Literature: Week 1 Assignment

School's right around the corner, and we're going to need to dive right in to get the most out of our first book. Pride and Prejudice is packed full of fun and interesting stuff, so we need to come to the table ready to dig in.

For week one, please read chapters 1 - 18. Lampstand Press sells the Oxford World's Classic edition. I also highly recommend the Norton Critical Edition. This one includes papers written by Austen's family and friends, as well as letters written by Austen herself. (I will be using Norton since I already have it.) Either one you pick is fine with me. I will be giving assignments by chapter, not page number.

Check back soon for information on an assignment from the Loom.

For my records, can everyone please email me or leave a comment here with your name and your child's name, address, phone number and email address? Thank you so much!

Let me know if you have any questions!

1 comment:

mrsjackson said...

Hi Girls!
So excited to have the two of you teaching my Nicki this year!

Here is our info:
Nicki Jackson
9 Saint Ives Place
Gaithersburg, MD 20877
301-216-0029 - home
301-802-5719 - cell
dcjackson6@rcn.com