Monday, August 25, 2008

Field Trip: Plan Ahead!

Hi everyone,

I am SO excited about this. I would like to have us girls go to Thomas Jefferson's home, Monticello for a field trip! We are going to be studying him for two weeks and I thought it would be awesome to see this man's home and grounds for ourselves! This is a very special place for me - it is where Paul asked me to marry him! He knew how much I loved history and picked a beautiful spot! I have only been that one time so to go back again is super exciting for me.

Here's the specifics:
-This is the website with some info http://www.monticello.org/index.html
-I am trying to get us a group/student rate which would cut down the cost from $15 to only $8 for the tickets to take a tour of his house and the amazing grounds.
-The trip would be Saturday, October 11th.
-We would leave pretty early, probably around 8am since it is about 2.5-3 hours away.
-This would be an all-day thing because I would love to take you to a really sweet place in Charlotsville that has litle resturaunts and shops and is so cute.
-We woul ask that everyone pitch in a few bucks for the gasoline.
-Ally and I will be going together and any of you Literature girls who are not taking history are more than welcome to join us. If we can find a van big enough, I would love for us to all travel in the same car. If not, both Ally and I have reliable vehicles that can tote us all in two cars.
-DADS/MOMS, please let me know ASAP whether your students will be able to join us on this trip.
Looking forward to this!!!
~Lauren

2 comments:

Abby H said...

Yay, I'm so glad we're having a field trip! Yes, I can come :)

Nicki J said...

I can come! Sounds like alot of fun!