Friday, March 27, 2009

Literature: homework due 4/3

Girlies,

I love that you commented so much last week. It's neat hearing what you all think, and what you're hoping to do. :)

Guess what? You're to read *ALL* of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde this week! (Eep!) ...It's a much shorter book than I thought - only 100 pages - so we're shortening it to just one week...which may open us up for a party on the last day of class. (Aw - sniff. I'm gonna miss you girls this summer!!)

I do want you to still do a bio on Robert Louis Stevenson, but rather than doing it in paper form, you can do it in bullet form. Obviously, you are not allowed to copy and paste this information from websites. Research the author just as you would a normal bio.

Love you all and see ya next week!
Ally

8 comments:

The Maka 6 said...

wow the whole book?!!?!? cool. and I really like the idea for the bio! that sounds *REALLY* fun!!!!!

Ally said...

Good -- and hopefully the *whole book* won't be too crazy -- it's pretty short, don't you think? Let me know if you girls are having any trouble!

Unknown said...

ummmmmmmmmm.........i should know this, but what do you mean "in bullet form"? what is that going to look like? and...........i found my vocab list, woohoo!!!!
since you said that you liked us telling what we're going to do, etc..., i decided to do Robert Louis Stevenson for my paper. I decided on him because I think he will be interesting, he is the author of the book we're about to read, and my teacher told be too. all of which i believe to be good reasons. so............. i love ya'll! toodlioo!

The Maka 6 said...

oh Rachel! :D you make me laugh!

just to warn you girls, the book is REALLY freaky and weird! so don't read it right before you go to bed... or you'll have totally insane dreams!!! :D

Ally said...

Yes, totally insane dreams indeed. ...Although I have to admit, I kind of liked the book. We'll talk on Friday. :)

"Bullet form" means you can just make a list down the side of your paper, like this:
- Born in 2045 to parents John and Sarah
- Lived in Mongolia until 8 years old
- Went to school at Loftness Academy
- etc...

xo

The Maka 6 said...

thanks Ally!

Unknown said...

oh wow, heaven!!!! thanks Ally!!!!
do i just do it that short each time, or sometimes would it be a few sentences?

Ally said...

If you need it to be longer so that you can fit in your thoughts, that's fine; but it CAN be that short every time if you want it to be.

<3