Saturday, November 1, 2008

Literature: homework due 11/7

Girlies,

I missed you girls SO, SO, SOOOO much yesterday!!! I missed the treats and the Venn diagrams and the laughing and the movie and just can't wait to be with you all again on Friday!

BUT in the meantime there is homework to be done! :) Guess what!? We're starting Les Miserables this week!!! (Pronounced "lay miz-er-ahb".) Please do the following for class on Friday:

1. Read the first section in Les Mis, entitled "Fantine". This is seven chapters, my pages 1 - 134.
This is A LOT. I wouldn't wait -- get going on it as soon as you can!


2. Please answer the following questions, to discuss in class. (The answers do not need to be typed.)
Whenever we want to understand an author’s attitude towards the gospel, we have to find out at least three things: what he believes about God’s holiness and righteous wrath, what he believes about man’s sin, and what he believes about Christ’s role in salvation. How do you think Hugo would answer each of these questions?
- How are people’s souls saved in Les Miserables? Is Christ the Savior? Who declares them righteous?
- How well do these beliefs about God, man, and Christ match the testimony of Scripture?
- Do you think that
Valjean has experienced salvation in the biblical sense of the word?

Love you all so much! Let me know if you have any questions!
Ally

8 comments:

The Maka 6 said...

okay, thanks ally!!! :) it's my birthday on the 4th!!! I'll bring any left over cupcakes I have to class!! Yummy! Missed you ally... see you friday

The Maka 6 said...

im assuming that we're supposed to be doing vocab too right?

Unknown said...

Hannah! Why did you have to remind her?! Aww man! jk, haha, kind of, haha!
Anyway.....I'm feeling kind of left out here, not being in the History class and all. All the birthdays are celecrated at history so I'm never there. "sob" "sob"
Can we celebrate twice?
I love ya'll!
Rachel

Unknown said...

Ok, so.........I went back to read the comments and I just got what you meant Hannah. You meant you'd bring leftover cupcakes from history to lit. Whoops! Sorry.
I still love ya'll!
Rachel

The Maka 6 said...

haha! wow rachel! that's sad! and don't worry I saved two cupcakes for you and Ally! although im not sure that you deserve one now! haha

Unknown said...

aww....aren't you a sweety!
I'm just honest, is that bad? I just like Ally to know how I feel, haha! jk Ally, you're my wonderful lit teacher who gives wonderful homework, including *cough* vocab *cough*

Unknown said...

it's me again! ahh!! I just watched my videos of our day at Monticello and i want to re-live it!!! that was so much fun!! I really wish that i could be in 2 history classes, but not have all the homework! I never see Abby and Lauren! so sad.

Ally said...

Can't wait to savor that yummy cupcake!

Also Rach, just to letcha know - we're hoping to plan another field trip (or more!) in the months to come!!

:D