Friday, November 14, 2008

History Homework

Read:
-The Revolutionary Era, p. 211-234
-Antebellum America p. 170-188
Do:
In a paper at least two pages but as many as it takes for you to answer this question: Was Jackson a successful President?
This is a persuasive paper. You are trying to convince me of what you believe by giving me your opinion backed up by facts.
-First, define for me what you think success is in your intro. I suggest you look at what the Bible says about success J.
- I suggest you choose one or two reasons you believe he was or was not successful and you must give plenty of detail about the reasons. If you choose one, make sure you have lots of examples and facts to back up your choice and really convince me. I
There really is not a RIGHT or WRONG answer to this question because I think there are good points on both sides. For instance, his leadership (gives examples), or his policies towards Native Americans, or keeping the Union together with the nullification crisis, etc.
-Then in your conclusion, wrap up for me why you think he either was or was not successful as a President.
NOTE: I want to hear YOUR thoughts. I want hard facts to prove what you have to say, but I want informed, researched, thoughtful opinions as to why or why not he was.

No comments: